Helping you feel better so that you can enjoy life with a baby
Pregnancy and Postpartum Counselling in Kitchener, Ontario
How are you feeling?
The journey into parenthood has challenged you in many ways. From a difficult pregnancy, a traumatic delivery, anxious nights, and struggles to attach to your newborn, the past few months have not been what you expected. You feel like you’re on an emotional roller coaster and have no sense of control.
If the above description has been your experience, please know that you are not alone. The clients I see are capable individuals whose lives have been overturned by their pregnancies and postpartum experience. This is not an uncommon situation. About 1 in 7 women and 1 in 10 men will experience emotional struggles during the perinatal (prenatal/postpartum) months.
Counselling can help
Whether you are at the start of your pregnancy, in your postpartum years, or considering having children, therapy can provide a safe space to process these overwhelming emotions. We will use evidence-based therapies like Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS) and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) to support your needs. Through counselling, you can have the skills to cope with difficult experiences. You can safely address emotional wounds and process traumatic events
Pregnancy and postpartum months are meant to be an exciting and joyous time in your life. While you may not feel content right now, things can get better. Your current state of distress does not have to be a permanent state. Your relationship with your child can shift, and your sense of peace can return.
Areas of Focus
Pregnancy and Postpartum Mental Health
- Birth Trauma
- Postpartum Rage
- Attachment struggles
- Childhood family conflicts (e.g. divorce, codependency, addiction, neglect)
- Childhood trauma
- Sexual abuse
- Vehicular Accidents
- Trauma exposure (second hand trauma)
Types of Therapy
Schedule a free consult
How do I begin?
- Arrange a time for a free consultation (we can do this online or via phone/email).
- During this chat, we will get to know one another. You will have space to express your treatment goals, and also clarify if you feel I am a good fit for you as a therapist.
- We establish a treatment plan that feels comfortable for you, and we begin the work
- We continue working at a pace that is effective and challenging until your goals are met