What can therapy offer you?
- Safety to explore traumatic memories
- New skills to foster confidence in your own abilities
- Tools to problem solve current worries
- Help in accepting reality and moving on from events that cannot be changed
- Understanding and compassion of your experiences and emotions
- Encouragement while making changes to relationships and lifestyle
- Improved relationships
- A new perspective on life
- Improved mental health
The initial counselling appointment is about getting to know you and hearing about your hopes for therapy. We complete an intake to understand your history, and learn about the life events and relationships that are important to you. From there, I bring in a variety of evidence-based therapeutic modalities (see below) to support you in working towards your goals.
Whatever brings you to counselling, be it supporting unmet needs or healing unresolved traumas, know that you have the capacity to heal. While counselling can sometimes be a difficult journey, it is a process wherein you learn about your inner resources and become the individual you wish to be.
Learn more about the therapy models used in sessions:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Internal Family Systems Therapy
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy